Wooden floors are enchanting on their own but look incomplete without a carpet or rug. While regular area rugs are informal, hand-knotted ones look very formal and add immense style and sophistication to wherever they are placed in your Mississauga home.
Rugs are an important component of every room and are much needed to complete the look of a well-designed room. However, picking a rug may not be as easy as it sounds. There are several things that you need to think about when you choose one.
Here’s how you can go about buying one for your home.
Here are some key factors to keep in mind when choosing area rugs for your Mississauga home.
• First and foremost, the area rug you choose ought to complement the rest of the room’s design and decor. For example, if you have a traditionally-styled home, you can choose a hand-knotted area rug in Mississauga with styles and colours inspired by traditional Persian or Oriental rug designs. On the other hand, an area rug with bold geometric patterns or abstract designs will be ideal in contemporary homes.
• Choose a rug that is durable. The durability factor would greatly depend on where you are planning to place the rug. If you are hoping to keep it in an area with high footfalls, then it has to be extremely durable. It should be in a position to take all the abuse and yet look beautiful. Or if you want to keep it simply near the fire place or by the bed, then a less durable one will work equally well.
• Choosing area rugs can be expensive and are like an investment. Be on the lookout for discounts and offers by reputed stores in your area, so that you get a good bargain. Rugs do not last forever and you may have to replace them in a few years, so spend and invest accordingly.
• Though the rug you choose should match the rest of the room, keep in mind your personal taste. If you are drawn to intricately patterned and textured rugs, you will find many hand-knotted area rugs in Mississauga carpet stores. On the other hand, if you prefer a simpler, more understated style, you may want to opt for an area rug with a subtle pattern or solid colour. These rugs lend a touch of elegance and warmth to a room without dominating the space. Be sure to choose a rug that not only complements your room’s design but reflects your personal taste and style.
• The next important thing that you need to bear in mind is the size of the rug. Most people end up buying big rugs for small spaces, making the area look even smaller. It is very important to buy a correctly sized rug. Measure your room and keep in mind the furniture placements before you decide the size. It should not make a room look smaller!
Area rugs are a great investment in your home. They not only add style and warmth to a room but protect your floors from wear & tear, including scratches caused by feet and furniture. Whether you choose machine-woven or hand-knotted area rugs for your Mississauga home, make sure to take proper care of them. Doing so will add beauty and warmth to your home for years to come.